Saturday, February 13, 2010

the one where i failed to catch her

when dave got home last night, we packed up the girls....

Photobucket

and took them to the Y

Photobucket

ashton LOVED it. it was adorable to watch all of her cheesy smiles, to see her little arms and legs flailing about.....


Photobucket

and to watch her crawl all around the shallow entry.

Photobucket

Photobucket


oh and guess who met us there?
the haag family :)

(caiden's about to dash out of the shot)

Photobucket

yes folks, that's my husband.


Photobucket

cute splashing babies

Photobucket

slide time

Photobucket

Photobucket


so, right after i took this picture, i failed to catch the aves in time and she went under for like a half a second. but you should have seen the way she looked at me. it's like i saw trust vanish from her little eyes and it was HORRIBLE. i kind of agonized over it later on...."she's not going to trust me and she's not going to trust God...what have i done" dave brought me back to reality, so that was good. man, i better get some tougher skin if i'm going to live much longer in the mommying world, because i'm probably going to fail her A LOT more...(sigh).

and now i must shower.
date night tonight.
i have no idea what we're doing.......those are my favorite.

5 comments :

Heidi said...

She's probably ruined for life. That's it. Just send her over to the Whites! =)

(Looks fun! I am eager to hear about your surprise V-Day date!! Hugs friend!)

Anonymous said...

dave rocks swimming around in the shallow end. avery will get over it (hopefully) tee hee hee :) and I so want to go swimming now! i am sitting in the bathroom right now while bree takes a bath and i showed her the picture of avery going down the slide. she looked happy but upset at the same time like "what"? i think she wants to go down that slide now.

Unknown said...

love that Y... we keep hoping burke will love it too, someday. :)

thanks for your sweet comments... I have been super sick again, unfortunately. hate this beginning part. last time the throwing up lasted 20 weeks, so I keep hoping for it to go away sooner, but not expecting it. 20 weeks is only 6 weeks away, though... :)

we'd love to see y'all sometime soon...

Daphne said...

That's our Y! We have a family date to that pool every week!

SO FUN!

Laura said...

My failures seem to get bigger as my kids get older. The key is how you respond. They won't remember the failure as much as they remember your response to it.

Even though God is perfect, there are times that I feel He has failed me. Do I still trust Him in my imperfect understanding of His will?

You are preparing her perfectly!!

Didn't mean to get all serious on you. That is just what came to my mind.