Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the scary and sacred

God came through for us in a big way this week. 

we've been on a journey these past two years, one that is unknown, exciting, scary, uncomfortable.  it's been somewhat like walking in a blizzard. there's no way to be sure of what's in front of you; the only way you know that the next step is safe is to just take it and see.

there have been a dozen hidden jewels on this journey.  hidden jewels that dave and i have uncovered together, proving that it really is true.  there really is sweetness to be found in the middle of even the most bitter of seasons.
 
this week the storm has cleared for us a bit, enough to see that we are, indeed, walking on solid ground.  what a thrill to feel confirmation in following the path we believe God has us on. 

we are praying together, that what God has done for us, what He's done in us during this scary and yet sacred season, would not be lost on us.  that it would never be lost on us. 

O God, be Thou exalted over my possessions.  Nothing of earth's treasures shall seem dear unto me if only Thou art glorified in my life.  Be Thou exalted over my friendships.  I am determined that Thou shalt be above all, though I must stand deserted and alone in the midst of the earth.  Be Thou exalted above my comforts.  Though it mean the loss of bodily comforts and the carrying of heavy crosses, I shall keep my vow made this day before Thee.  Be Thou exalted over my reputation.  Make me ambitious to please Thee even if as a result I must sink into obscurity and my name be forgotten as a dream.  Rise, O Lord, into Thy proper place of honor, above my ambitions, above my likes and dislikes, above my family, my health and even my life itself.  Let me sink that Thou mayest ride into Jerusalem mounted upon the humble little beast, a colt, and let me hear the children cry to Thee, "Hosanna in the highest."
Amen

-A.W. Tozer

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am a true believer that EVERYTHING in life happens as it is meant too, it is ALWAYS a lesson, and we are ALWAYS where we are meant to be. That is a beautiful prayer. I am glad to hear that things are looking up for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bree keeps asking about Avery. She keeps saying "can we go over to Avery's house". It's always during dinner time and I'm like "not tonight baby, we are eating and they are eating with their family". We need to get together sometime with the girls! I hear that McDonald's is rebuilding (supposed to be done this month) a new store over by Flintridge. They tore the old one down. I like to bring Bree and let her play while I eat a salad & read my Nook. We could do a dinner date like that with the girls sometime....or we could go to the Rockrimmon one....usually a little less busy!! Let's plan on it when I get back from vacation!

The Moffats said...

love this. love you guys. and thanking the Lord that the storm has cleared a bit.

Courtney Cassada said...

this is vague. i want to know more! :-) but i also LOVE the beauty of it! knowing He is working mightily without knowing the details.

Laura said...

The amount of faith and grace that you have displayed during this season inspires me, Mandy.

addyandwest said...

mandy, you are a treasure. thank you for sharing your heart. love tozer. so good. so true. and the season you guys have gone through will not be a loss. He already used you today to encourage me loads...just by this post. really believe He will multiply the treasures you have gotten from this to give to others. when can we grab a coffee and talk (sigh!)? someday!