Monday, September 22, 2008

These days....

Sometimes I wonder if I will miss these days....

Theses days of having you as my constant shadow.

Of you following me around with "pup" which is actually a monkey, but we'll work on that later.

These days of you standing, signing "please" because you want me to hold you while I scrub the corners of the kitchen counter with a toothbrush......of sitting you in front of a baby einstein movie in hopes of accomplishing at least one thing, only to have you start whining "momma" and signing "all done" just 15 minutes later.....of having you follow me up the stairs to grab a sweatshirt, down the stairs to throw in some laundry, outside to grab the mail and well, just about everywhere.

Sometimes I wonder if I will miss these days, because honestly I find myself feeling frustrated when you are too clingy, too whiny and too "helpful" with laundry and dishes and dinner.

I know one day you will play in the back yard by yourself, you'll sit and watch movies by yourself, you will color and read and do all sorts of things that will give me more time to "get things done", but right now......I am your world and you, Miss Avery, are my shadow and sometimes I wonder if I will miss these days.

7 comments :

lindsayw4 said...

I feel the same way! And the thing is I think we will miss the days when we are our kids whole world, even though it's frustrating and exhausting. What a good reminder to not take these days for granted. Thanks!

Laura Fowler said...

You will most certainly miss these days... someday. That doesn't make today any less exhausting, less trying, or less tiring. But you will, without a doubt, miss these days... someday. I sure do.

Anonymous said...

God Bless Baby Einstein videos! I would not be able to prepare a single dinner without them!

And yes...we will miss these days & I will be so happy when the little one is independent & can walk up the stairs without rolling back down them!

Danielle said...

Such a great reminder Mands. Ash is in a super clingy phase right now and I sometimes feel like I might go insane...but, this just helped put things in perspective for me. Thanks girl.

Amanda said...

Tearing up as I reach around Caiden on my lap to try and type because hanging on my legs just wasn't close enough! I so know what you mean!

Grandma E said...

Mandy - Oh trust me, you will miss these days. You grew up so fast and so will little miss Avery. She is so precious and she is a little gift from GOD.

I am so proud of you as a mother. I too remember wondering if some days would ever end. Guess what? They did. You are now a mother yourself.

Love ya,
MOM

Shannon said...

Wow Mandy...that blog made me cry! It's so true how very frustrating it is, and yet I have this very same nagging feeling that this is such a very SHORT season...and one that we will miss. Thanks for blogging about this..it makes me feel better to know there ARE other women in the very same boat I am in. And what a great reminder that we have to treasure each and every moment (even if it's just whining) :)