Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the time mel slept on my couch

mel.
beautiful, extraordinary, mel.

i've know her since college soccer.  her senior year was my freshman and the way she encouraged my anxious heart and pointed me to Jesus was a gift.

i've managed to see her just about every year since we both left iwu.  it's remarkable really, seeing as how she lives in India and how her family back in the states lives in Michigan.  but God keeps pulling us together in one way or another.  we tearfully rehash the last year, remind each other that we don't know the end and that God is, indeed, who He says He is.


she still points me to Jesus.

Mel lives and works in Kolkata, India.  She helps manage a place called Sari Bari. A place where women are led to freedom from trafficking through sewing.  she chooses to breath in and out the suffering that is intrinsic to this culture because of her hearts cry to see people set free.

so blessed to call her friend.
so honored that she slept on my couch last night.

1 comment :

Robin said...

I'm so glad you got to see Mel and catch up... i'm jealous!