Tuesday, February 7, 2012

bottling dollhouses

dave's in walla walla doing this.

this picture was taken almost exactly a year ago.  look at ashton's baby face. 
Photobucket

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think it was september when i decided that the girls "gold" gift for christmas was going to be a doll house.  i scoured craigslist to find an old wooden one on the cheap. 

mom, grandma velma and i spent a few evenings in early december re-wallpapering the whole thing. 
Photobucket

the gg's and grandma's bought cute modern looking furniture and then we picked out scrapbook paper that would be fabulous in each room.

it was really fun to "make" their present this year.  to put thought and time and effort into their big christmas morning gift. it turned out absolutely adorable.
Photobucket

fast forward to feb 2012.

they never play with it.

avery told me just the other day that since her and ash got it all "set up" they don't want to mess it up.
right.
i think she's just trying to protect my feelings.

ha!

better luck next year :)

5 comments :

lindsayw4 said...

I fixed up my old doll house for Alyssa last year and she never plays with it either. I'm going to put it away and pull it out in a couple years. Maybe she will appreciate it then :)

Laura said...

I had the same experience with a train table set. Sam LOVED them everywhere else. Once we got one for him, he never played with it. The pieces were all over our house. I ended up selling it on CraigsList and got most of our money back. I think they might grow into playing with the dollhouse.

Melissa/Mel said...

at least you had fun making it :)

Megan McCluskey said...

awww... well that was nice of Avery to think of your feelings. bummer. Maybe I'll come over and me and you can play with it. I always wanted a cool doll house when I was little!!! Hahaha

Mama Vincent said...

That is sooooo cute! I want one of my own! Since I have a house full of boys, would you make me one for Christmas next year? I promise to play with it everyday. :)